The Arizona heat can be daunting at times, to say the least. As such, replacing your old dysfunctional AC and getting a new one becomes critical to maintain your comfort of living in the sweltering summer months. However, there are multiple brands and types of ACs available in the market.
Getting the best AC in Arizona heat can be quite a task, especially if you do not have the right technical know-how about air conditioners. So how do you choose the best AC units for Arizona heat?
Factors to Consider When Buying Air Conditioner
Ultimately, this boils down to the brand you decide to go with. But before you make a final decision, there are various factors that you must consider.
- Quality – The quality of the air conditioner should be your foremost concern. It would be pointless to get an air conditioner that does not perform as well as the last. This becomes more expensive in the long run not forgetting the frustrations that come with unplanned repairs and replacements.
- Performance – Do you need a basic performance, better performance, or best performance AC in Arizona? Regardless of the brand you purchase, you will need to select from the several AC models and their performance options.
You should choose the option that best suits your needs and that which will be more effective at humidifying your home.
- Home size – How big is your home? How much space will be needed for the air conditioner? How much heat per hour can the air conditioner remove from your home? Selecting an overly large or a much smaller AC than your home needs may lead to misuse of energy or necessitate the need for another AC respectively.
- The price – Just how much are you willing to spend on an air conditioner? Do you have the disposable income to make the purchase?
Although expensive or cheap is relative, the wide variety of AC options in the market allows you to choose based on affordability. You should also ensure you get the full quote detailing the equipment and the cost of the installation for the whole system.
- Comfort features – Imagine having an air conditioner that you must switch on once you get home? Inconveniencing, right? If comfort is your priority, ensure you pick an air conditioner that provides you with the comfort that you need.
Whether you need one that provides consistent indoor temperature or one that you can control with your smartphone, be sure to shop for such. Also, if you need an AC with premium sound performance, be sure to get a model that has sound blankets or silencer systems.
Best AC Units for Arizona in 2021
Unit Price Range: $2400-$3600
If you are looking for the best Arizona air conditioners, Trane Technologies has great options for your home cooling needs. The brand is well known for the provision of energy star-rated products.
Whether you are looking for an air conditioner with a high SEER rating, cost-effectiveness, or noise-free running time, Trane has various possible choices to select from. The technology used at Trane provides precise temperature control, limiting spikes and fluctuations.
With the Trane brand, you can opt for Trucomfort variable speed air conditioners with an 18-22 SEER. With this, you get up to 700 stages of comfort, energy efficiency, advanced temperature control, reduced sound, and enhanced air filtration. You can also opt for the most efficiency, noise level, or best value for your air conditioner.
The two-stage air conditions are also great options. The 18 SEER ACs are energy efficient and have an extra temperature feature not to forget rust protection. Based on your budget and home needs, consider the one-stage air conditioners for your home.
These are up to 17 SEER, are energy-efficient, and offer rust protection. They have a SEER of up to 17. This option is great if you are looking for something more affordable while still cooling your home from the outside heat.
Why Choose Trane:
- They’re masters at creating AC units with variable airflow
- Units display high quality, sturdiness, and resistance to rust and corrosion
- Pursue innovation and technological advancement
Unit Price Range: $5200-$7800
If you are on the lookout for an air conditioner in Arizona, Lennox is a great brand that you ought to consider. The brand has provided consumers with innovative, trustworthy, and quality products since its first invention in 1895.
The cooling technology embraced by Lennox ensures you get even temperatures while also saving on energy costs. Your ac will maintain your set temperature through the icomfort Wi-Fi thermostat regardless of the heat outside.
The technology used enables your air to stay consistently comfortable with an allowance of 0.5 degrees change to your preferred temperature.
The brand also has the most advanced AC and can modify the cooling based on your location. This is a plus since you do not need to adjust the temperature range based on the temperatures outside.
Based on your budget and needs, you can opt for the standard air conditioners that operate in a single setting. This means that their performance will vary depending on the size and conditions of your home. If you need a more advanced option, consider two-stage air conditioners over alternatives.
Two-stage air conditioners offer lower speeds for increased efficiency and high speeds for comfort on days where temperatures are high. If you need custom comfort, Lennox has various AC models such as the XC 25 that adjust compressor output and speed between 30% to 100% of their running capacity.
This means that even when it’s warm, the AC can adjust its performance and maintain your set temperatures, which means you’ll benefit from a constant supply of cool air, ideal for the Arizona heat.
Why choose Lennox:
- Plenty of Energy Star certifications for guaranteed cost-effectiveness
- High public opinion and favorable reviews
- Long-lasting units that don’t need to be replaced too often
Unit Price Range: $2300-$4500
Bryant air conditioners have been in the market for over 100 years. If you are looking for a brand that you can trust for your home cooling needs in Arizona, try Bryant air conditioners. These air conditioners are highly efficient and offer the best comfort and value for your money.
The brand uses the Evolution Connex Control technology to enable you to control your AC from any location. Even on extremely hot days, you are assured of a cool automatic temperature right when you get home. With Bryant, you get air conditioners based on the speed and the stage units.
Depending on your home needs, you’ll need to decide between variable, two-stage and single-stage speed air conditioners. Bryant air conditioner models will provide you with quiet performance that’ll seem like you don’t even have an AC. They have efficient ratings of up to 26 SEER and efficiency ratings of up to 21 SEER.
Why choose Bryant:
- Units run quieter than most competitors
- Very high SEER performance rating on most units
- Sturdy and built to withstand any weather conditions
Price Range: $3300-$6400
Rheem air conditioners are an excellent choice to provide cool from the Arizona heat. These air conditioner models are innovative and offer quality cooling solutions for your home. Rheem is also a brand that’s well known for excellent support and after-sale services.
Notably, their models also have an onboard diagnostic feature that detects potential breakdowns. Also, all air conditioners are covered with respective warranties and offer dependable services.
Rheem also offers high performance through their Prestige series. These are EcoNet enabled and have a minimum efficiency of 20 SEER. For those with a lower budget, the Classic Plus Series is also an excellent option.
You can either opt for the RA-17 two-stage or the RA-17 two-stage non-communicating AC. If you need a smaller AC, consider the single-stage options.
Why choose Rheem:
- High SEER performance ratings across most units
- Higher performance and energy efficiency across the board
- Product innovation is directed toward greener energy and environmental benefits
Unit Price Range: $3300-$7600
Carrier has different AC options for your home. Whether you are looking for a simple and affordable AC to a multifunctional and comfortable AC, beat the Arizona heat with Carrier air conditioners.
The brand encompasses air conditioners with comfort features such as precise temperature control, humidity control, and high energy-saving systems. The AC systems also provide ultra-quiet operations powered by the silencer system II and the sound blankets.
At Carrier, you can choose between the infinity, performance, or comfort series to find the one that best suits your home’s needs.
Why choose Carrier:
- Long-lasting units that perform exceptionally well across continued use
- Designed with features to operate more silently and effectively
- Very high energy efficiency and SEER performance ratings
When it comes to finding the best AC Units for Arizona in 2022, this article should serve as a go-to guide to understanding the best options. In general, you should be looking for an AC unit that’s energy efficient, performs well for a long time, and operates with advanced technological features. The brands and AC types we’ve covered here are some of the best on the market, and you can’t go wrong with any of them. That being said, if you’re looking for more help finding the best AC Units for Arizona in 2022, contact us today and let us help you consider your best options.