The best air conditioner brands are the ones that work well, are affordable for most people’s budgets, and offer a variety of features.
We know what it’s like trying to find the perfect AC unit; there is so much information out there. It can be overwhelming and confusing if you’re not sure where to start.
This post will help you sort through all those choices and pick out your new AC system with ease. Don’t worry about spending hours reading reviews or getting quotes from different companies; the work has already been done for you.
Here are the top air conditioner brands on the market today.
5 Best Air Conditioner Brands
YORK offers top-quality residential and commercial air conditioning units to use for those warm summer days. This brand of AC units has been around since the early 1900s, and each new model made over the years has only gotten better.
The amount of money you invest in YORK will be well worth it as they’re the best air conditioner brand on the market today.
They have continued to impress consumers thanks to their reliability, performance and cost-effectiveness. YORK’s consistent business operations coupled with top-notch after-sales services have made them a favorite for residential and commercial customers alike.
- You will never stress about the AC breaking down
- Your home will always be cool and comfortable
- YORK is a trusted brand with lots of history and experience
American Standard Air Conditioners are manufactured by Carrier, which is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation.
They have been in the business for more than 100 years and offer both residential as well as commercial air conditioner products to suit your needs.
Some unique features include their “ironclad warranty,” which ensures that you will not spend on repairs or maintenance costs during the first five years after you purchase an American Standard product.
- Save money with the ironclad warranty
- Stay cool and comfortable all year round
- Your home will be better protected from summer’s scorching temperatures
The Goodman brand is popular for its durability and energy efficiency. The AC units are available in different size options to fit any home or office space. These air conditioning units can be used for both commercial and residential purposes.
Goodman is the leading HVAC manufacturer in North America, with over 75 years of experience producing quality products that are reliable and efficient. Fredric Goodman founded the company in 1925 as a small heating equipment shop on the south side of Chicago.
Today, the company provides cooling solutions around the world, with a wide range of models and price points to fit any customer’s needs.
- Have space for any home or office
- Durable and energy-efficient to make your wallet happy
- Lower your utility bills with Goodman AC Units
Rheem is one of the top-selling air conditioner brands on the market today. Not only do they provide excellent customer service and warranty, but their products are durable and reliable.
Rheem has a variety of units to choose from, depending on your specific needs.
They offer air conditioners for small rooms, central systems, heat pumps, cooling-only units, ductless mini-split systems (for homes with non-ducted heating or cooling), through-the-wall, or window mount room ACs. Further, the company has several energy-efficient options.
- Durability and reliability for the long haul
- A variety of units to choose from depending on your specific needs
- All products come in a wide range of colors
HEIL Air Conditioners is among the most popular and respected air conditioner brands on the market. HEIL offers central air conditioning systems in addition to the standard room units so you can have an entire home or commercial building cooled from one location.
They offer excellent warranties on all their equipment and stand behind everything they do with pride.
Their models range from small window ACs for cooling specific rooms to large multi-zone packaged rooftop units that cool several floors at once using only one outdoor unit.
- HEIL has the most popular and respected air conditioner brands
- Find your perfect fit with their large selection of ACs
- Acquire excellent warranties on all their equipment
What to Look for in a New Air Conditioner
No matter the current temperature, several factors must be considered when determining which air conditioner to buy. The most important thing to consider is your location and climate.
For example, if you live in a humid area with high temperatures year-round, then an evaporative or swamp cooler might be best for you.
On the other hand, if you live in a desert region with lower temperatures during the winter months, then a heat pump may work better for your needs.
Different Air Conditioner Types
A window unit is a single self-contained model. It has its condenser and evaporator coils located in the outdoor part of this machine which is cooled by an external fan to make it possible for use in one room without any ductwork or vents required.
- They are cheaper than central AC systems
- Lower cost of installation
- They are relatively simple to install, maintain and repair
- The size of their coils limits their cooling power
Central Air Conditioning System
In contrast to window AC systems, central air conditioning systems have two main components – the compressor and condenser – installed outside. The compressor pumps refrigerant to the indoor evaporator coils through a series of pipes and valves called copper lines or aluminum tubes according to your needs.
Then, a large fan located in front of the unit pulls hot outdoor air from all over your home’s rooms through metal ducts before blowing cool air into them via a huge blower inside that is connected directly with these coils by another set of tubing.
- Can cool entire homes or more at once due to their high capacity
- Best central air conditioner brands make optimal use of electricity consumption due to smart sensors
- They are straightforward to install and maintain
- Central air conditioning systems are the most expensive
Portable Room AC
Unlike window units and central AC systems, portable room ACs have no vents. Moreover, they don’t need any dedicated space for installation. Their parts can be carried around easily on wheels, making them optimal to use in any corner available.
They are lightweight and compact as well, so they don’t take up much space. Moreover, their parts can be easily detached from each other for easy cleaning or repair if necessary.
- Easy to transport and place
- They come with wheels, so you can roll them around without any hassle
- Easy to clean and maintain
- They can’t be used as permanent solutions
Now that you know of the best home air conditioner brands, and those for commercial use, it should be much easier to choose the one that suits your needs. You can now compare their pros and cons together with your requirements before deciding which one to buy. Contact us today for hassle free estimates and installation.